Fact File Of Ahmedabad
- Year of Establishment: 1411 A.D.
- Commencement of the municipal works by 'Town wall fund committee': 1834.
- Establishment of Municipality-1858.
- Establishment of Municipal Corporation - 1950.
- Area of the city: 464.16 sq. km.
- Population: 45,05,539 (As per 2001 census)
- Latitude - 22º 58 N
- Longitude - 72º 35EN
- Altitude - 49 Mts. above MSL
- Average annual rainfall-750mm (July to September)
- Climate: Summer - 24ºc- 39ºc (May exceed 42ºc or above.)
- Winter - 10°c - 24°c (It may dip to 5ºc)
- ISD code - 091
- STD code - 079
- Postal Pin code - 380 001 (last two digits indicate the area)
- Official Language-Gujarati, Hindi.
- Well connected with Airport, Railway and Bus station, State and National highway-No.8.
- New Delhi - 1025 Km.
- Mumbai - 545 Km.
- Vadodara - 110 Km.
- Surat - 280 Km.
- Rajkot - 225 Km.
- Bhuj - 395 Km.
Best time to visit Ahmedabad:
November to February.